The tape finally came off this one, as I added some final touches this week. Probably one of my more enjoyable pieces that I’ve done so far, as I worked at a more casual pace while working on some other things.
I also attempted to take more progress shots this time around, as more people seem to enjoy these on Twitter and Tumblr. The initial drawing was done with graphite on paper, and then transferred onto the watercolour paper from a scanned print. As I ran out of graphite transfer paper, it was the old school method of taking a 5B pencil and just filling up the back of the print. 🙂 Drawing the figures in nude at an initial stage was important, as I would be trying to create sheer fabric in the painting. I might skip this stage if I was more confident, but watercolours aren’t as forgiving when it comes to errors. 😀
*Original matted painting available for purchase. Available here on Etsy.
WIP with watercolours.